The General Accounting application handles all the input and automatically generated GA transactions in CMStrade and produces the related management and audit reports.
The GA application is based on classical accounting principles and modern international standards.
It is not a 3rd party software but made by CMS as an integral part of its product.
This permits a very productive cohabitation with the other CMStrade applications, which is crucial because in trading, the control and flow of data is actually 2-way with the other applications.
The essential aim of general accounting is hence realised: to be a measure of the health of the whole business.
CMS thus records in the GA - and retains trace-back to the origins - all the financial activity of all the applications.
This coherence and audit-ability of your business data eases compliance with increasingly exigent regulations.
Furthermore, as the CMStrade Accounts Receivable/Payable and Cost Accounting are full integrated applications too, their needs and mechanisms rightly do not encumber the GA.
Thus, while the CMS accounting applications together comply with the requirement for coherence and completeness, the GA - and the other spplications - is optimised for its own needs and stays elegantly simple to maintain and use.
● Compatible with international accounting standards.
● Multi currency accounting: transaction, functional, local, reporting currency basis.
● Custom chart of accounts (none imposed).
● Subaccounts per commodity or 3rd-party or employee or other.
● Multiple account re-arrangements independent of any account codification.
● Multi currency accounts.
● Accounts in historical or current rate for recording non-transaction currencies.
● Centralisation accounts reserved for auxiliary accounting.
● Blocking an account for further postings.
● Multi language definitions for accounts and account groups.
● Relation to functional currency handled automatically per user specification.
● Full validation of vouchers before posting.
● Multiple debits and credits per voucher.
● Multi currency vouchers.
● Supply relevant costs and revenues to cost accounting application.
● Absolute and relative booking period limits.
● Currency revaluation: simulation and posting, periodic and ad hoc.
● Annual closing: simulation and execution, possibility to annul and redo.
● Delayed annual closing allowing upto 2 years in parallel.
● Multi year data retention of account details.
● Currency conversion in reports using accounting or ad hoc rates.
● Balances and details, i.e. movements, for any period, starting-ending any day.
● Anterior (previous fiscal years) balances and details, for any period, starting-ending any day.
● Any number of different sets of groups and subgroups of accounts, for use in reports, e.g., trial balance, P&L.
● Use accounts as collateral in other relevant applications.
● Analysis by commodity or client/supplier.
● Do company-related employee operations.
● Straight multi company merge of account balances.
● Multi company, multi level consolidation.
● Consolidation and GA structures can differ.
● Provision for consolidation adjustments and eliminations.
● Consolidation in functional/other currency.
● Flexible pre-consolidation.
● Consolidations can be partially executed for simulation and correction.
● Dynamic consolidation groupings.
For information on Operations, Output
and Transactions, please see Data.
Copyright © 1975-2009 CMS Computer Management System SA, Switzerland. All rights reserved.
These webpages are best viewed with Internet Explorer® and are Firefox® & Opera® compatible.